Unsung Forum »
Negative Reviews

212 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
MonkeyBoy
1008 posts

Re: Negative Reviews
Jul 11, 2004, 00:53
If the PSB & ELP reviews are removed than you might as well close down the enire unsung review site and even the forum. If one or two people people decide what stays or goes (and I don't deny you have the perogative as the hosts of this site) than this site will have become so sterile and conforming to one particular opinion that it wouldn't be democratically accessible to other posters. The internet is a great tool for people to freely express themselves (within reason) and taking steps against this would be so un-forward thinking.

On Dog's ELP review it was the greatest piece of writing in the entire review section. And I don't mean to diss The Setn Man who is the undisputed King Of Unsung and his descriptive powers and general enthusiam far transcend my own feeble ability.

What made Dog's review so great (and pure poetry or prose - depending on how you look at it) is that it was a geniune work of affection for something you have known for a long time. So long in fact that you are not sure whether you like it or not.

Im sure you are all capable of building geniune long term relationships with people. You know, you've known someone for so long that no matter what a tosser they are you always come back to them.

That's what Dog's review was like, he's known ELP for so long that sometimes he has a falling out with them and they are so annoying sometimes that he doesn't call ELP or return their calls. But despite it all he will eventually have time for them.

Where as The Seth Man bigs them up and would hang around with the guys he reviews The Dog Man ain't so sure whether he's even talking to ELP or not. but it'll all blow over and they will be friends once again.

The review was genius as it trully reflected the contradictory nature of music. It can't always be adoration and you have to recognise the faults. Also it wasn't at all a lame attempt at irony and wasn't at all post-modern.

Warts and all is the phrase for Dog's review.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index