Negative Reviews

212 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Mrs Ahab
Mrs Ahab
1138 posts

Re: Check your EGO at the door
Jul 11, 2004, 15:57
My thoughts too. When i read a review i hope it will make me want to hear it more than anything else, of course that wont allways happen but that should be the point. Some posts i have read I feel are written in a way where they strike accord with those who have allready heard it more than being an inspiration to hear it. Sometimes i think they tell me more about the person writing it than the music.
Some one mentioned having an articles slot , surley the forum could be used in this way. I am worried though about were this will go though, it seems rather unkind to remove someones post and single them out when they have spent time on it however i think their should be some kind of standard or critera. I know this website is free but perhaps i could liken it to this, when i buy a magazine i like to know, to an extent, what i can expect. If we had to submit reviews before posting i think that would be fairer, spare people the agrevation of having it removed. there are plenty of other places to post a review if it didnt meet the spec, but im sure that would just be too much work.
I think this thread was uneccacarily headed 'negative' i enjoyed reading the elp review it made me laugh and i didnt think it was negative, but it didnt make we want to hear it at all (and i think i could be persuaded). Unsung is a great place to be creative and all this has only made me feel way too nervous about posting my next review which i just finnished, bad timing huh. I'm not sure what my point was now but thats my thoughts, for what its worth.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index