moss
moss
2897 posts

Edited Aug 28, 2013, 17:36
Re: A datum of experience
Aug 28, 2013, 17:32
Mustard wrote:
moss wrote:

What is it with TMA that people need to be pulled down and told to answer to a few, everyone within the bounds of manners has a right to say what they believe in, and don't start quibbling please, it is all so bloody unimportant....
Moss X

I dunno how many times this has been said, but I haven't seen one instance of anyone being pulled for their beliefs. What I've seen is someone arrogantly repeating their beliefs as fact and being pulled on that basis. That's perfectly reasonable. I have my own set of beliefs, and if I stated those as facts on a public forum, I would expect to be pulled on that.

Believe whatever the hell you want. Talk about it. Discuss it. Advocate it. No problem. But tell others that those beliefs are facts, and that's arrogant, hubristic and just plain rude.

As I said Mustard I think the points raised are unimportant and the need to keep the argument going does a great disservice to TMA. TBH if it had been any of my grandchildren they would have been sent up to bed with a flea in their ear...

The point of the thread opening on the Village Pump was not sneaking behind the bicycle shed, come off it children! but was to provide some support for Astralcat. All this presumed anger on the part of Nigel, ED and yourself? is as far as I am concerned is just hot air.

Sadly I cannot depart to a nice longbarrow in Essex to sit and watch the sun go down today but I can dream of Cornwall and those magic circles and the beautiful peace and silence..
Moss X

mmm; Forgot to say peace to everyone ;)
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index