tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited Aug 27, 2013, 13:40
Re: A Very British Witchcraft
Aug 27, 2013, 09:44
nigelswift wrote:
Astralcat wrote:
I'm not getting into another game of semantic one upmanship, but I will say that yet again, the proof or not is down to personal experience.

If you don't want to play semantic one upmanship why toss out a statement you must know most people don't accept? ;)

Sigh! You must know by now I hate arguing with you but ... why not answer the main point AC's post which was well made i.e. that Ronald Hutton probably did not refer to the full history of witchcraft in his programme because there would not have been time to do it justice.

I accept AC's statement that some people have had personal experience of 'magic' in their lives. I (speaking personally) have seen it used by some for the purposes of intimidating others with sub-conscious fear and suggestion. I avoid those sort of people like the plague and for me the real magic in the world is the spring returning each year and the mist lifting to reveal a bright jewel of a day.

I'm sure AC doesn't want me defending him like I'm his over protective aunt or something but he does add a different perspective to discussions - as Bladup did in his time here, and to discourage 'alternative' view points make this forum a poorer place (in my opinion for what it's worth).
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index