A Very British Witchcraft

159 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Mustard
1043 posts

Re: A Very British Witchcraft
Aug 27, 2013, 14:49
Astralcat wrote:

I visit a few other sites re. heritage/ancient culture and I must be honest that they are friendlier and more open minded to alternative worldviews/ideas etc. TMA seems to operate on a 'acceptable' v 'unacceptable' as established by a dominant core of contributors.

I can't speak for anyone else, but that's certainly not true from my point of view. I couldn't give two whoots what you believe. I'm even potentially interested in hearing about/discussing some of those beliefs. I don't find them remotely unacceptable. The problem only arises when you try and tell people that they're facts. I'm sure this has been said before, but if you simply prefixed your statements with "I believe", then I think you'd find this place a lot more accepting. It's all about compromise ;)

Astralcat wrote:
I will say this though. How on earth can you satisfactorily 'prove' something to a purely scientific materialist about something that cannot be proved within their limited framework. You can't. That's where personally experience, study, experimentation comes in.

Of course you can't. That's why it ain't a fact. Facts are things that can be demonstrated and proven.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index