Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: Religion is good for you!
Aug 19, 2013, 13:08
Mustard wrote:
nigelswift wrote:

Well I used to think the main free solstice event (sometimes attended only by a couple of dozen Druids according to them) cost £200,000 a year but I've recently found it's over £250,000 a year. So at a time when EH has been made virtually skint and has had to cut down on almost every element of heritage defence (including not fighting damaging planning applications as it can't afford it) I'm not about to "get over it" thanks. Times are tough, it's no good moaning at what EH don't/can't do while saying it's OK that they run one of the world's most expensive free parties inside a world heritage site. One or the other.

I can't believe you're banging on about this again. Can you never let an argument go and simply agree to differ? Maybe EH should double the entrance fees for grumpy old men if times are that tough ;)

LOL
Bugger Stonehenge and all the constant hype and 'yet another new theory'. Get yourselves out to a nice little untouched circle in a moorland setting where you can have time to think alone, not be shoved around, not have to pay and not have to look at a monument that has been played around with and been open to more ideas that you can shake a stick at (whatever that means) :-)
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index