Register
Unsung Forum »
Dubious selections for Unsung albums...

76 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

Re: Dubious selections for Unsung albums...
Feb 14, 2011, 20:49
Moon Cat wrote:
I think Unsung is (and should always be) an evolving thing and is prone to all the ambiguities and parameter shifts that entails. And context and relativity counts here too; you could argue that, say, Acid Mothers Temple, mostly unheard of in the mainstream, are hardly unsung/unmentioned/unheard of on HH. But a, say, Kylie album would be pretty much unsung on here and thus perhaps may ripe for bringing to attention to those on here that would never think of listening to it. Personally I regard Unsung as a repositry for reading about music regardless of its commercial impact (or lack of!) in the wider world. And it's about enthusiasm too. So what if an album has been released to wide acclaim and been heavily reviewed? If the person writing about it on here feels passionate about it and wants to share that with other HH folk, then should they not feel that they have the right to post without feeling they are somehow setting off someone else's 'uncool/uncult' detector or transgressing some completely arbitary and utterly unofficial editorial stance as defined in the mind of another, perhaps more regular, reviewer?

Plus, who says what should count and what shouldn't? Who 'polices' Unsung then? Who says what "fits the bill"?

I can always rely on you to speak my mind more eloquently than I can. Top postage.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index