Register
Unsung Forum »
Dubious selections for Unsung albums...

76 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Fatalist
Fatalist
1123 posts

Re: Dubious selections for Unsung albums...
Feb 12, 2011, 23:50
fauny fergus wrote:
Moral responsibility and financial considerations...
http://www.headheritage.co.uk/unsung/moralresponsibility.php

How long have you known the album? How many times have you played it? If you're still in the first flush of excitement about it, don't review it at all. If you've played it no more than 5 or 6 times, it may just vibe you to be seeing it in your own collection.

Just sayin'.

(Mind you, I could've read it myself before the Aqua Nebula Oscillator review. Still like the record but, hey, i maybe got over-excited by 'em. Still stand by Charlie Feathers tho')

Fair enough, but 'rules' are made to be broken :-)

And anyway, in terms of moral responsibility and financial considerations, I would say that things have moved on considerably since 2000 when that was written - Spotify, MySpace, streaming, downloads etc have made it a lot easier to hear stuff without having to pay upfront.

And just to sound further like a conceited prick, I think I'm now of an age when I can judge whether what I'm listening to is going to have ongoing worth as opposed to reacting to a first flush of excitement. In the best of 2010 thread, the TNP album remained my number one in what I reckon was an exceptionally good year for new music.

Err, everybody check it out if you haven't... :-)
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index