Register
Unsung Forum »
Dubious selections for Unsung albums...

76 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Re: Dubious selections for Unsung albums...
Feb 14, 2011, 10:18
Robot Emperor wrote:
And who are we to assume what people already know? I for one have been introduced to loads of stuff I was unaware of thanks to discussions on these pages. Surely it is more enjoyable helping and introducing people to exciting music or books or whatever than feeling smug or worrying about how obscure things are. Who cares?

We can but learn new stuff and flag up stuff we are excited by without worrying if we are being obvious or stupid. Be stupid and be surprised how ignorant others are as well, help each other find a way out of the darkness etc.

A personal bug bear is when someone new tries to start a thread and if it has already been discussed sometime in the last five years a link is posted to the previous discussion. Not very welcoming. Its fun to talk about stuff and nice to get a considered reply. Lifts us and makes us know that we are not just shouting into the abyss...

Some good points there. I must admit I'm guilty of that "linking to a previous post" thing. I'm usually trying to be helpful, but I suppose it is a bit unfriendly now that I think about it. I do agree that we can't really judge what people are/aren't familiar with. One persons Unsung is another persons Sung!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index