Unsung Forum »
Dubious selections for Unsung albums...

76 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Feb 12, 2011, 17:58
Re: Dubious selections for Unsung albums...
Feb 12, 2011, 17:47
jb lamptoast-morsley wrote:
IanB wrote:
I suspect the average age here is actually going down year on year given some of what is written. When I first came here around the time of Citizen C / Dark Orgasm I would have laid big money on it being largely populated by people who were born no later than '65. I think that could easily be '75 now or even later.

Given some of what is written? What are you referring to there Ian? It sounds like you want to ban people that are younger than 35 because they don't know about music? For the record i was born in 77' so maybe you want to ban me?

er ..... no. see above.

there are people who write on these boards who are clearly discovering music that was more commonly listened to in 1975 or 1985 than in 1995 or 2005. I don't have an opinion about that. Just an observation as to why some records that might be considered part of the outsider mainstream to some of us are new discoveries to others and records that the authors are only just hearing about.

as people get older their relationship to rock n roll and to the internet changes. I know a lot of people in the region of 50 who have stopped caring quite so much about what is new or even newly discovered and are now spending that time on books or cinema or grandchildren or simply just earning a crust. they've got a lot of records and eventually they've got enough records.

so the content of these pages will change with the age of the contributors.

if Cope gets one of his periodic moments where he can bathe in the light of widespread critical approval for a new album and is therefore more relevant to a younger audience then that process will only accelerate.

can only be a good thing long term.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index