68 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Soundtracks of our lives (er) 16/11/03
Nov 16, 2003, 17:24
Afternoon Earthlets.
M'sounds have been...

Brain Donor - Too Freud To Rock N Roll Too Jung to Die. Post 'Rome' earbashing for my fave odinist glamgaragemetal combo.

1200micrograms - 1200Mics. Concept trance; a sonic paen to naughty head things

Starcastle - Citadel. Yes I know it's bad for me but I just totally love this blatant yank Yes ripoff. Uber prog fromage with bells on. Celestial bollocks!

Cosmosis - Intergalatic. Excellent psytrance with one track in particular that really goes ptoiiiing in yer ears. Niice

Zebulon - Vol 1. Not astoundingly orginal but rockn Swedish stoner flavoured metal. B'sides, there is something hugely endearing about a bald, bearded, juggernaut of a Swedish rock beast growling "I am nothing but a whore" overdramatically. YAY!

KISS - Dynasty. Face painted pre-bling titans dabble with disco and its fuckn great! Also worth it to hear Ace drawl his way through The Stones' 2000 Man. Great sleeve too, which is important in KISSland.

Groundhogs - Split . Conceptual blues prog opus from band I have only heard thanks to the good people on HH. Great guitar stuff on this! See - Unsung does work! YAY again!

Amused By Genitals - Boiling Small Dogs In Hot Cars Is Funnier Than You Think!

Venom - In League With Satan (2cd Comp). The fine line between genius and stupid not so much crossed as ram raided with a bottle of Newky Brown as an aperitif.

Omni Trio - Shadows & Angels Project. 20min continuous mix of electro and techy flavoured drum n bass.

Mahavishnu Orchestra - The Inner Mounting Flame. My mate really dug this I was pleased to say.

Bert Jansch - legend: The Classic Recordings. One of my fave el cheapo buys of recent times. Superlative folk n blues tinged wonderment from guitarists who's who admire style dude. Totally lovely. Compliments me Pentangle comp very well.

Think thats mostly it! Have a nice week you lovely people!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index