41 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: VP debates
Oct 04, 2008, 18:57
grufty jim wrote:
I am seeking a way out of this dilemma, handofdave, I'm not proposing any specific course of action... merely mulling over the possibilities. It's just that I am convinced that business-as-usual is a guarantee of failure. In fact, it guarantees the disaster that will lead to totalitarianism.

Coming full circle, this is where the Obama vote comes in.. it's a stop-gap measure that gives a bit more time to come up with some specific courses of action. Or in other words, voting Obama is an action that gives us more wiggle room in the formulation of better actions.

No offense at all intended- but I can't help thinking of the scene in "Life of Brian" where the 'People's Front of Judea' resolve to make a resolution to save Brian from execution, ad naseum....

Sometimes you have to make some decisions and act on them in the interest of even having a chance to do the same later... In a way, your assertion that we don't have the luxury of waiting for the status quo to wake up can also be applied to the urgency of kicking the Republicans out of the executive and legislative branches... we cannot afford four more years of their being at the helm.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index