VP debates

41 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: VP debates
Oct 04, 2008, 05:16
I'm not much one for slogans... they remind me too much of sound bites. Sometimes they condense great truths, but usually they just oversimplify complex issues.

Unfortunately, you can demand revolution and STILL be ignored. This is pretty much where the USA is politically... there is no burgeoning army poised for insurrection. The intellectuals that comprise the third party are not armed revolutionary types... they are talkers. There are some action-types, but they rarely are able to coordinate anything more dramatic than protesting, maybe breaking a few windows, and the establishment either ignores them or cracks down hard, but the ranks don't grow in response. The poor of the USA are just trying to keep their heads down and stay alive. The middle class are irritated and confused, but hardly ready to give up what they've got. The rich live on their own planet.

What's sort of funny about all this back n' forth is that you are espousing a very radical solution, I'm talking about a comparatively mild one, and yet, to many Americans, I'm a whacko liberal.

So, maybe I really am a revolutionary here... in that context.

Anyhoo, I've got to sign off on this subject, because we're just mincing at this point.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index