41 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: VP debates
Oct 03, 2008, 19:13
grufty jim wrote:
Moon Cat wrote:
But the picture you paint is beautiful, desireable, ulitmately essential, but utterly, utterly, unrealistically acheiveable by November 2008.

But Moon Cat, what if it's too late by December?

Should we accept the catastrophic status quo, or rail against the dying of the light?

As for my position on the fringe being "comfortable"...? Seriously man, it's a long way from that. I've spent almost my entire life being told that I'm wrong, or I'm mad, or I'm a fool, or I'm arrogant / patronising etc etc etc.

Even a slight understanding of mental health issues should reveal exactly the kinds of effects that has on a person.

I've spent part of my life in obscene luxury, materially speaking. And I've spent part of it in serious poverty. I have very very rarely felt comfortable. Either within my own skin, or within the world at large.

Look into my eyes. It will NOT be too late by December. Trust me on that. And in that case why be the warrior for change and hope that you posit yourself as if, as it seems, you ultimately don't believe in it then? Dave is simply saying how the next best immediate step to make things a bit better might be taken. You are naysaying it but wanting things to be better somehow. But you are not going to be voting in November. In that case, seeing as Republicans are bad, Democrats look good but are bad, what change do you suggest like NOW?! Something that can be achievable by tomorrow morning say? Put you in charge? Actually, I think that'd be a good thing, but like... it is not going to happen right this minute is it?

Let's face is Jim, if we all fuck up, then you'll have been right all along. That's what I mean by comfort zone.
"Even a slight understanding of mental health issues..." More than you know. Way more than you know.
I know exactly what effect all you've said - being wrong etc has on a person. It's painful, appalling even but sometimes its what you want to hear. Sometimes it may even define you. It puts you 'out there'. And 'out there' may ultimately be more desirable than 'in here'.

I'm sorry that you don't feel comfortable in your own skin. Welcome to my world too. You are not alone Jim. You are still one of the best resources of important info and passionate rhetoric I've ever come across - I bow to no one in my admiration for your depth of research into things that matter to you. But don't carry the weight of the world on your shoulders (as some bloke said). Disagreement over an issue - i.e Obama etc - does not mean that you and the other contributers aren't fighting from the same corner.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index