U-Know! Forum »
Four more years?

104 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
gorseddphungus
185 posts

Re: it is all in the bible
Nov 06, 2004, 11:14
"Kerry did NOT ever "support gay marriage." He merely said that perhaps a constitutional ammendment banning gay marriage was unnecessary."

that was enough in the bigotted eyes of most americans to go against such an 'immoral' beast. 30,000 fliers were given out in some 'evangelical' states mentioning the word GAY prior to the election. If you hear middle america speaking about jesus, it is hard to believe Kerry could have EVEN dared *mention* those words (and stem cell research and abortion) in his campaign. Even Bush clearly stated that Kerry was (laugh with me!) so far far far to the left!! C'mon, Kerry would be a radical right-winger even in Italy!

I dont think the word WAR had much of an effect. after all, it is just another bloody war of many which the US have produced. And it is fighting the right people - the Muslims.

"In fact Kerry went out of his way to avoid talking about "moral issues" completely."

that was his biggest mistake, it seems that even americans themselves do not even know what is happening in their own country - i heard today there are 35 million evangelical christians alone (and growing). That's why even Black America is shifting sides.

Religious fundamentalism is taking over your society, and fast, dangerously approaching alter-ego examples like Iran!
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index