U-Know! Forum »
Four more years?

104 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
MonkeyBoy
1008 posts

Bollocks!
Nov 03, 2004, 14:19
Yep Bush has done it and I had a feeling he was. So much infact that I was in bed before the News Night election special. So I didn't get to see a Manic Peter Snow projecting the tit bits of meaningful election data into hard to understand computer generated models of the anticipated result. Quite how the election analyst cum mad scientist Snow can get get so excited about an election between Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dummer is beyond me. Maybe the money is good! Anyway Tweedle Dummer won and I am just that little bit more scared (probabily won't sleep so well tonight). Bush is that little bit more insane and a little less clever, but is a lot more charasmatic and the average American Joe is gonna love him. Quite who the Liberal elite are I don't know (do they secretly rule the world?) but their man ain't got in.

There are a few things that have made me laugh this morning. The description of Kerry as anti-war is farcical as all he had was minor criticisms on the actual conduct of the war. When any true Bolshevik would have clearly presented a revolutionary defeatist position. Don't take me entirely serious on the last comment and don't call the Doctor, but there was no anti-war candidate. Any differences they had on the economy were merely cosmetic and as we pick the bones of this contest the only real difference was on abortion were Kerry held a reasonably sound liberal position were as Bush and his right wing evangelical cronies put forward stuff that would keep the Pope happy. I am not sure what the Libertarians (loony anarcho capitalists) around the Republicans thought of this social issue (as they always bang on about choice) but they would have kept quite as long as Bush will further increase inequality and increase profits (or should I say offer tax breaks).

I have heard people clutching at straws this morning as Kerry still has some chance with the electoral college in Ohio. Get real! Bush has won the popular vote. This isn't 2000 where Gore won the popular vote and in the end it turned out also narrowly won Florida. Yes depressing as it America have chosen their man and most of them probabily thought that in a scrap they would rather have Bush with them than Kerry.

Another thing which has made me laugh is talk of a nation divided. Divided along what lines exactly? You mean on minor issues don't you? Or was the country just divided between a sociopathic chimp like Bush and a Frankenstein's Monster like Kerry.

Other bollocks I have heard this morning is some barely able news team putting together something on the latest Osama Bin Laden video work out and how this has backfired on him with the election of Bush. Something tells me (and it might be the faculty of intuition, you newsroom shite talkers) that this is what Osama wanted. A more polarised situation will mean more recruits for Al Qeda and Osama has his enemy with horns and tails and Bush has his enemy with horns and tails and my isn't the world a safer place. This result does not mean that Bush has out-witted Osama and the day Bush does manage to outwit Bin Laden is the day I scream 'Jihad'.

Is it me or is Al Qeda becoming more and more like The Mysterons from Captain Scarlet with their war of nerves. Bush is definitely indestructable and the sinister Mysteron plot of getting their soul-less automaton Captain Black (John Kerry) into the job as head of Spectrum has been thrawted.

And what is the point of this rambling ranting post I hear you say? Well if you know any Americans tell them the next time they have an election make sure there is a proper alternative and not just two different personalities who both happen to be multi-millionaires from priviliged backgrounds.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index