Four more years?

104 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Re: Get over your sorry asses
Nov 04, 2004, 06:29
The thing is, up until recently the howler-monkey phenomenon was far more a disease of the right. Sometime around the 2000 Florida "controversy", this meme got started on the left that they needed an "answer to Rush Limbaugh." So nowadays the media scene is dominated by the likes of Michael Moore & Janine Garofalo, doing their best to be as obnoxious and partisan as those they revile.

Should I also mention that you will NEVER see Rush Limbaugh walking around the floor of a republican convention talking trash about the opposing party in front of media cameras? Because the respublicans are smarter than that.

Meanwhile Michael Moore was on the floor of the dem convention this summer, eager to put his fat face in front of every camera and go off on one of his anti-Bush rants. All the while claiming that he and his movie (in theatres now kids!) were objective and non-partisan. "Just bringing you the truth so you can make the correct decision." No one bought that load of crap. By the end of the campaign, Moore was openly campaigning for Kerry (I figure that's 1 million votes for Bush right there.)

To a dedicated non-partisan like me, the whole thing is just SOOOO fucking ponderous . . . if all you can do is yell "fuck bush, americans are stupid!" at me I'm gonna a) assume you can't put together an argument any more coherent & rational than a stream of expletives, and therefore b) conclude you are a lightweight and I should just ignore you.

And it don't matter to me if your bullshit is copped from Rush Limbaugh or Michael Moore . . .

Just like Bin Laden intervened at the last minute to *HELP* his alleged "enemy" win re-election, and the way Sharon & Arafat are sworn enemies but secretly allies who need each other to stay in power ("Castro vs. American sanctions" is another example) . . .
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index