U-Know! Forum »
Four more years?

104 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
psychedelicat
8 posts

Civil War
Nov 05, 2004, 00:39
If you look at the way the electoral votes went it was almost the exact divide as the Civil War...Californai had one regiment that fought for the Union in the far Western Theatre( New Mexico and Arizona). "Border States" such as Ohio(though a Union state in the 1861-65 had a pro-Confederacy governor throughout the war), Missouri and Indiana were all pro-Confederate(as were the citizens of NYC during the draft riots of 1863) anyway my point is the country is polarized along similar lines as during the American Civil War. For rural people (even many Northern State rustics) abolition was crazy! "Shit!" thought they-Slavery is in the Bible, must be OK.......NOT MUCH HAS CHANGED BETWEEN CITY AND COUNTRY. Look at what the Khmer Rouge did once they got in cities. Do die-hard Bush supporters have many things in common with such characters as the Khmer Rouge? Maybe not but- I am fearful of disappearing sometimes....maybe because I voted for Kerry, maybe because I say in public that FOX News and the NYT is bullshit. Who knows. The people in PhnomPenh in April of 1975 ran and partied in the streets when the Khmer Rouge first showed up. Look what happened.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index