grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Re: Kerry's fault? - pt2
Nov 04, 2004, 14:24
> He obviously understands the American people better
> than you too.
>
Oh, of that I have no doubt. But again, that's hardly mutually exclusive with being a moron, now is it? Bush tapped into - what I believe to be - a very dangerous christian evangelicism. He is (in my opinion) being used to mobilise religious voters by those around him. People whose sterile neoconservative philosophies would never attract the sort of widespread support needed to win an election. But by dressing themselves up in the trappings of religion, and successfully painting their ambitions as missions from God, they have garnered significant popular support. And in the process, they have created a monster.

And it's at this point that my criticism extends beyond Bush and towards the American people. There are - it seems - more people in the USA motivated to return Bush to power than there are people sufficiently motivated to oust him. After all that's happened in the past four years, that fact staggers me... and forces me to conclude that a significant number of Bush supporters must have bought into his "Axis of Evil" bullshit.

And if they've done that... if they really believe that's how the world works... then they fully merit - at the very least - some mild criticism.

> That's always such an effective argumentation tactic,
> isn't it? I mean I can't tell you the number of times
> someone has changed my opinion merely by yelling at
> me and calling me a stupid moron . . .
>
But I haven't yelled at you and called you a stupid moron. I've described Dubya Bush as a moron. That's all. And if your rebuttal is the fact that he's in the White House, then you'll forgive me if that's not enough. Son of ex-president surrounded by rich and influential ex-Reaganites and backed by Big Oil...? "Not too bright. Willing to take direction." was probably in the job description.

Anyways, look at the world we live in. Look at the tragic mess we've created in Iraq. Look at the oil price and look at natural gas supplies. Look at the increasing proliferation of dangerous weapons and the increasing radicalisation of those who possess them. Anyone who wants the job: "Dealing With All That Stuff", has got to be - by definition - a bit bloody stupid.

> First rule of war: NEVER underestimate your enemy.
>
I'm not fighting a war. I only wish Dubya felt the same.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index