Four more years?

104 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Re: Get over your sorry asses
Nov 04, 2004, 21:17
That sounds like a step in the right direction.

But you're going to have to get over the idea that Bush (and whoever else on the other side you don't like) is "stupid." I swear to fuckin gawd, that is the root source of the whole thing. BUSH IS CONSISTENTLY UNDERESTIMATED BY HIS OPPONENTS! Stop doing that . . . give the guy some credit and watch your credibility rise too.

And I take some issue with the idea that "it's all message" -- the message has to be based on real proposals & policies. Ones that are distinctive, popular & workable. I think it's not just a new message & a new messenger, it's an entirely new game plan that's needed.

Take Kerry's healthcare plan for example -- he didn't talk about it much, probably because it wasn't very exciting. Basically a watered-down & reheated version of the plan that blew the dems out of the water back in 1994. It didn't work then, what makes anyone think it would work better with Kerry facing a hostile republican congress?

I have to agree with Zell Miller's comments on his party (see the "If Anyone Still Had Any Doubts" thread) -- in so far as the choice for the dem party is between changing direction or becoming more and more marginalized.

Either that or just twiddle thumbs & hope that the republicans will eventually screw up as badly as the dems did in 1994. Though of course even then, it wasn't just the dem's making a mistake it was also the republicans being ready to take advantage with a "bold plan" communicated effectively (the "Contract with America" or whatever they called it.)
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index