U-Know! Forum »
Four more years?

104 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: Bin Laden intervention
Nov 04, 2004, 14:39
Call me a conspiracy theorist if you will, but am I the only one who thinks the appearance of that videotape so soon before the election is a suspicious coincidence? I reckon it's an old tape that somebody (although on which side of the political fence I'm not sure) has been deliberately keeping under wraps until now. Assuming it's genuine and not faked, that is ... the whole thing reminded me a bit too much of Emmanuel Goldstein in 1984 for comfort.

Anyone been watching "The Power Of Nightmares" on BBC2? Excellent docu series with far more articulate and considered arguments that Michael Moore's. Main thrust of it was how it's always been in the political interests of both the east and the west to exaggerate the threat of terror from either side. 20 years ago it was the US (and by extension the UK) vs. Russia, (the size of whose nuclear arsenal turned out to have been massively exaggerated) and now the Cold War has ended it's the U.S. vs Islam. Yesterday we were at war with Eurasia, today we are at war with Eastasia.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index