Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Re: Neolithic Settlement
Jun 06, 2013, 15:54
Littlestone wrote:
tiompan wrote:
It was a simple straightforward statement that I imagine most would have understood for what it was , and most importantly , not introduced an imaginary concept into the reading .

For clarity, perhaps something more along the lines of -

“Also, the baths themselves were dedicated to Minerva; among her various manifestations the one as a deity of healing might be relevant as the springs were/are thought to have curative properties.”

That doesn’t pin it down too much on the curative aspect, which has sparked this discussion, but still includes reference to it.

I could have written a pargraph but it hardly warrented it .
It was clear enough , any problems were of your own making .
As I had pointed out many posts ago the comment consisted of two points 1)“...the bath themselves were dedicated to Minerva 2),(Minerva was ) a healing deity .” both are true , neither have been refuted . The curative aspect was eventually accepted "There is no dispute that Minerva was a goddess of healing " .You prolonged a discussion that should have taken two posts to clarify by later reading into the comment a concept that not only doesn't belong to the Roman dedication tradition but imagined I might also have suffered the same illusion .
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index