Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Re: Neolithic Settlement
Jun 05, 2013, 10:37
Littlestone wrote:
tiompan wrote:

Do you disagree that it is the most common assumption ?

What fact is being distorted ?
There is at least some basis for the assumption , it's not in the same league as sacred hills , stones transported to Stonehenge etc .

Whether the baths were dedicated to Minerva in her manifestation as a healing goddess has yet to be shown as fact (so far you have only provided a link to the Roman Baths website that, far from supporting your assumption (which you appear to be claiming as a given here, does not mention the healing aspect of the goddess at all. To continue, therefore, to advance your assumption without more (if not much stronger) evidence could, as I said above, be distorting historical fact.

Best keep an open mind on the matter until we have more evidence :-)

There are countless examples suggesting that the site was dedicated to Sulis Minerva a healing deity , I could list some if you like ,or simply google it yourself . That is why I asked if you disagreed if it was the most common assumption .You didn't answer .
The argument is supported by the facts on the ground .
There is no evidence that can strengthen the case and until you provide anything to weaken it it makes sense to accept that assumption as the most likely .
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index