tiompan
5758 posts

Re: Neolithic Settlement
Jun 06, 2013, 14:53
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Littlestone wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Have you read EDG's more recent post and my prior reply regarding any implications being in the mind of the beholder and not logically applicable to Roman temple dedications and therefore not a consideration ?

Yes, alternatively we might argue that clarity in your line linking Minerva and healing could have been more carefully constructed so as not to give the wrong impression :-)

It's not my fault if you made semantic and logical errors . It was a simple straightforward statement that I imagine most would have understood for what it was , and most importantly , not introduced an imaginary concept into the reading .

Just to clear this up completely tiompan, can you tell me why you think the Great Bath has an association with healing?

My comment was "the bath themselves were dedicated to Minerva ,a healing deity ." I was suggesting the healing aspect of Minerva is a pointer to associating the baths with healing along with earlier myth and subsequent historical use up the present ,also "bathing doesn't preclude healing and both go together ". If the baths had been dedicated to Apollo it would have been more difficult to make that association .
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index