Henge corrals?

152 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Re: Henge corrals?
Dec 19, 2005, 21:07
>"None of this is a quest for spirituality in the 21st century it is based on observation, excavation and common sense."<

But I'm afraid a lot of it <i>is</i> based on spirituality fitz. Go out to Avebury on any day of the week (let alone this week!) and I'll put good money on the majority of people there being on some sort of spiritual quest. Without getting into the numbers game, I just wonder how many people are interested in stone circles from the viewpoint of the 'spiritual' compared to those interested in them from the purely 'archaeological'?

I'll take with a smile you're suggestion that I'm tying in the archaeological debate with crystals etc but should like to point out that even a quick scan through some of the threads here on TMA will reveal how quickly the archaeological debate <i>can</i> get muddied by the Crystal Entity :-)

As for my 'almost Marxist's' comments... come, come; I have never rejected the ritualized aspect of ancient societies or their structures but merely pointed out (as have others) that some of the structures we have believed to be ritual/ceremonial may actually have been purely utilitarian. There aint nowt wrong with that is there?
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index