Henge corrals?

152 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
fitzcoraldo
fitzcoraldo
2709 posts

Re: Henge corrals?
Dec 19, 2005, 20:38
"None of this is a quest for spirituality in the 21st century it is based on observation, excavation and common sense."

By this I was speaking from a personal viewpoint. Henges are a subject that deeply fascinate me, my point of view is based upon reading accounts of excavations and interpretation of the results of the these investigations. Plus my own personal experience of henges.
To be honest I think to tie the archaeological debate in with crystals and leylines muddys the whole issue and your almost marxist rejection of a ritualised society reminds me of Chide and his colleagues who wrote "Ritual was not important in the past and not worth studying in the present".
I do not believe that there was a dividing line between the sacred and the profane, Moss has written very eloquantly on this subject within this thread and I agree with everything said.
What does trouble me about much of this this whole thread is how factual evidence of non-domestic activities within many henges has on the whole been ignored in favour of speculation which is not supported by the archaeological evidence.
cheers
fitz
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index