Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 25 November 2012 CE

94 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9573 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 25 November 2012 CE
Nov 27, 2012, 13:08
IanB wrote:

I think her music is irrelevant. It's now a side product of a wider celebrity.

But that's the view of someone who doesn't like her music - of course you think it's irrelevant!! I'd say the same about Kiss or the Black Crowes or any number of 'rock' acts who keep on churning out the same old same old. And that sentence "It's now a side product of a wider celebrity" could probably be written about Kiss and their endless merchandise more than any other musical act EVER! But the people who like their records rather than their Kiss coffins don't think they're irrelevant. Most people are 'irrelevant' when you think about it. You could even argue that everyone is for that matter! I'd find it hard to argue that the Stones are relevant or that they have been for many years, but I still wanted to hear what the new tracks sounded like!

That wouldn't be the opinion of someone who likes it. And I've really got to take umbrage with this 'celeb' theme. That's a side role to her day job. Like Jagger, Simmons, Iggy, Lydon, or anyone else you care to mention (Anita Harris sprung into my mind then for some strange reason!!) But that's not the be all, end all.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index