94 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 25 November 2012 CE
Nov 26, 2012, 16:14
Thanks for the link Ian.

You say that it isn't the fault of the listener if they don't like something, ie Bjork (And for me, whilst she may not be my fav artist ever, i still think she has done some interesting things - the favs that i have heard being Vespertine, Homogenic and Medulla). Presumably though, you have an aesthetic that you try to articulate, and would prefer people to appreciate and approach music with? Otherwise why would you go into so much detail about why she pisses you off so much? Going into so much detail trying to persuade people why you are justified in thinking she is a complete waste of time?

I suppose what i am saying is i didn't really get why she annoyed you so much - lots of music isn't to people's liking, but you seemed to take it personally?

Maybe you don't have an intellectual palette then, maybe i got that completely wrong. But you certainly intellectualise the listening process, and what you like. Your posts are certainly very lengthy at times. Not a criticism, just an observation...

Mr Dalliard, i've started to talk drivel now...

Thanks for the link anyway - very kind of you.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index