94 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 25 November 2012 CE
Nov 25, 2012, 16:09
spencer wrote:
Ian, I read STOL week on week hoping to find other's heads up for music that I am left in no doubt that I will find indispensible. This happens rarely, but your comments about Fanaras are a case in point. I haven't heard a note, but I am prepared to purchase and know that I will not be disappointed. Thank you. As for Bjork, well, as far as I'm concerned that's her described in a four paragraph nutshell. I don't know where her distinct music comes from, but it is not the heart.

No worries. I hope it stands up. I am going to buy some copies as presents so I can always take it off your hands if you hate it!

As for Bjork there is a lot of great music out there that fans and critics come to call "Art" but I don't think its makers self-consciously set out to make Art Music. It's just what they do. Bjork, Walker and Sylvian (though only recently) seem to be setting out to occupy that Contemporary Art space and I don't think it really works like that. You can't noninate yourself an artist otherwise you end up like Hirst or Emin. An Art Personality not an artist.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index