Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
What's the weirdest record you've heard and enjoyed?

95 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2375 posts

Re: What's the weirdest record you've heard and enjoyed?
Jul 07, 2013, 10:32
Spiral Insana was my intro to NWW, must have been 17 or 18, still my fave Stapleton release if I'm honest. Accompanied many trips and experiences, I find it a very calming record, despite it' occasional dissonant moments.

Was unaware of his Kosmische interests as a youth (or indeed the term Kosmische at all) coming at him as a sometime Coil collaborator. As a slight aside, other interesting NWW discs for me would include, 'Who Can I Turn To Stereo', Cooloorta Moon, Rock and Roll Station, Second Pirate Session, Shipwreck Radio, and a lovely meditative piece in Soliloquy For Lilith.

Weirdly, I've kinda ignored most of his output since about 2005/6. When Coil ceased to exist, I seemed to loose interest in much of that 'experimental' output when Balance died. Must try and remedy that, I'm sure he's put out some interesting stuff.

Yeah, Berbarian is a great OST (Film is quite interesting as well). The vinyl is a lovely thing to look at and hold).

You've probably heard the last Broadcast album before Berbarian 'Witch Trials Of The Radio Age'. Explores similar themes and soundscapes. It's unlike much of their output in being almost dreamlike in it construction. Sub nursery rhymes and snippets of ideas. It's holds together pretty well, but has an overall unsettling, almost fragmented feeling to it.

RE: Chrome, all I've got is Chrome Box, which is mostly marvelous, but probably has some gaps in it. Cheers for the heads up RE:ROM. Will check out your recommendation, if I can find a DL of it.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index