Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
What's the weirdest record you've heard and enjoyed?

95 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Charlie2300
Charlie2300
412 posts

Re: What's the weirdest record you've heard and enjoyed?
Jul 06, 2013, 02:32
"Early Feotus records still get fairly regular spins. Strange, almost comedic mix of show tunes, surf music and industrial clatter with some great catchy lyrics. Sure it was massively informed by The Residents et al, but J G Thirwell seemed to make it a sound of his own."

Monganaut

Your contribution sparked a memory of something precious lost.

You sound like the man who can help me out with an obscure J G Thirlwell 7" single from his very early days. Many years ago I was was compelled to sell the best of my precious vinyl collection to pay off debts. A sad day, but, in truth, there weren't too many that I haven't been able to source again in one form or another. One of the real misses is a peculiarly twisted 7" single from Phillip And His Foetus Vibrations called "Tell Me. What Is The Bane Of Your Life" (http://www.discogs.com/Philip-And-His-Foetus-Vibrations-Tell-Me-What-Is-The-Bane-Of-Your-Life/release/109539) with the wonderfully weird and twisted B side "Mother, I've Killed The Cat". I miss that tune; any idea if this track ever turned up again in any form whatsoever; digital, CD or vinyl? I'd pay good money for that tune!

Charlie
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index