Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
What's the weirdest record you've heard and enjoyed?

95 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: What's the weirdest record you've heard and enjoyed?
Jul 06, 2013, 11:59
Sylvia Moore Jungle Magic very middle class accented folkie singer using African instruments on a folk lp covering both Northern English and African folk stuff on what appears to be a private press lp from the late 60s. I found it in the miscellaneous sectionof my local 2nd hand record shop and it got a reissue on cassette somewhere around 10 years ago but I don't think it's very well known. I love Your meaning IS Clear anyway, sounds like something people should cover.

Y-Voag the Way out
kicking myself for missing the cd reissue 10 years back or whenever it was cos I'd love to have a copy of this and my vinyl di9sappeareda long time ago.
Related to The Homosexuals of post-punk fame who I think were themselves related to Cold Storage of This Heat fame. Weird semi-avant lp.

Family Fodder who seem to have had a somewhat schizoid group mentality judging by the resulting sounds. I think the main track I fell for was Playing Golf which has a morbid obsession with being dead.

The Shaggs have probably been mention umpteen times in this thread already but I always meant to put a band together especially to do a cover of My pal foot foot.

Stevo
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index