Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
What's the weirdest record you've heard and enjoyed?

95 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
fat_fleet
fat_fleet
146 posts

Re: What's the weirdest record you've heard and enjoyed?
Jul 01, 2013, 23:10
I don't know... David Bixby's Ode To Quetzalcoatl? I have a feeling the vast majority of my music collection somehow qualifies to someone and actually, I'm a little surprised the members here would be walking around branding stuff as "weird". If you folks think something is weird, please send it my way - I definitely wanna hear it.

I started listening to Penderecki, Ligeti, and Harry Partch around the same time, but never really thought of it as weird so much as beautiful I guess...well maybe Partch was a little weird with those fruity narratives.

When I was 13 and growing up in the suburbs in the early days of music videos, a teenage neighbor girl vividly recounted the experience of falling asleep on the couch and waking up after midnight with the O Superman video playing on the TV. "It was just an accordion playing this one note over and over again and this lady saying things like 'this is the hand - the hand that takes'". Sounded totally bizarre to me at that age (and I was already digging Barrett era Floyd). Neither of us knew who Laurie Anderson was and I wouldn't hear the song for another ten years, but by that time I guess my ears were ready.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index