Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
What's the weirdest record you've heard and enjoyed?

95 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Charlie2300
Charlie2300
412 posts

Re: What's the weirdest record you've heard and enjoyed?
Jul 06, 2013, 23:38
I was hoping (but not expecting) for some nice anthologies of the early Thirlwell tracks to have been released by some obscure label. It appears that I'll have to buy the 7", which is fine but for the fact that I no longer possess a turntable. Thanks for the copius info about the Foetus projects; it reinforces why I turned up At Head Heritage - serious musos present!

I followed up today on your recommendation of the Nurse With Wound album "Spiral Insana" - fortunately, my mate has a copy that I've now burned - what a fabulous record. I know that Steven Stapleton is majorly into the cosmische German outfits (I'm not a fan of the term 'krautrock') but this record goes... beyond. It's like a film soundtrack in the way it's themed and goes back and forth. Excellent; thank you for the recommendation. I've no doubt that you'll be aware of the Berberian Sound Studio soundtrack which bears similar themic ideas, but you may also like Lard Free (especially Spirale Malax); recommended here in the den.....and....of course...for the truly adventurous the "Read Only Memory" EP by Chrome.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index