Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
What's the weirdest record you've heard and enjoyed?

95 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Edited Jul 01, 2007, 09:23
Re: What's the weirdest record you've heard and enjoyed?
Jul 01, 2007, 09:19
Crispin Hellion Glover The Big Problem Does Not Equal the Solution, The Solution Equals Let It Be (the lp with Clowny Clown Clown on)

YVoag WAy Out

DRagons Parfums DE La REvolution (very weird fake back story to this about it being the first punk band operating in Red China & the recordings being smugglked out by a French journalist. Sounds pretty CRampsy but does feature one stringed viol as a lead instrument and vocals by an obvious non English speaker attempting to replicate Get Off My Cloud & Anarchy in the UK (there's a term for this that slips my mind right now). Read a couple of years ago that this was actually a complete hoax, I really like the record though & wish somebody'd reissue it ort blog it)

Eugene Mcdaniels Headless HOrsemen Of THe Apocalypse
R'n'b singer hangs out with hippy types, learns not to sing and comes out with folk/funk lp that's pretty off the wall and gets sampled heavily.

Grateful DEad INfrared Roses (the crowdscaping lp) & Seastones both have their moments.

Einsturzende Neubauten are one of my favourite bands. Listening to early material folk, blues, jazz etc influences show though in unorthodox instrumentation. More symphonic elements creep in later too.

NWW, Grateful DEad (total impro), Henry Cow, CAroliner, Butthole Surfers, Sunburned Hand Of THe Man etc etc
Stevo
Np Soft Boys 6/9/80 Maxwell's Hoboken I WAnna DEstroy You
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index