Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
What's the weirdest record you've heard and enjoyed?

95 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: What's the weirdest record you've heard and enjoyed?
Jul 02, 2007, 11:50
Couple of wyrd folk things fit the bill too

Simon Finn Pass The Distance
cathartic semi improvised record from early 70s with David Toop as sideman. Bought this mailorder last year, took it up to camp and freaked out several people that I was listening to it out of choice. I find it pretty engaging, Finn doesn't seem to have a very firm grasp on tune in several places

Jan Dukes De Grey Mice and Rats In The LOft
almost totally improvised 3 track lp from turn of the 70s. Getting far more into electric territory than preceding folky lp. This like the lp above was reissued through collaboration with David Tibet of Current 93.

Comus First Utterance
SEveral of the band members had some history of mental illness. This lp is mainly acoustic but is as intense as Death(or Doom?) Metal.
There's a SAnctuary mid price double set and a Get Back/Durtro single disc release just of the lp.

Manson Lie
There's some great quicksilverish guitar on this from BObby Beausoleil among Manson's own croonerish songs. Also some very strangely structured stuff like Garbage Dump & Arkansas Man. I love CEase To Exist which the Beach Boys reworked.
Stevo
Np MC5 TRue Testimonial (just playing through copy I just burnt since a friend's machine couldn't copy it. Don't want to find out part of it's f***d)
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index