Ley Lines

158 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sweep
30 posts

Re: Slightly OT - Silbury music etc
Nov 22, 2010, 14:17
Sanctuary wrote:
Sweep, do you think that people such as yourself who seem to have an affinity with ley lines has this same deep feeling with music and the two are somehow connected in a shall we call it 'spiritual' way? Hope that makes sense.

I think this discussion is developing nicely from different perspectives anyway, but while this is a direct question to me:

Music's a strange thing. Sometimes it's part of a person's whole response to life, and if they're responsive to earth energies then that'll have its bearing on the music. But they may be responsive to completely different things, of course. And some musicians don't seem very responsive to anything much, and that shows in the music. On the other hand you can have people who are only deeply responsive to things inthe music, and its their way of connecting with their feelings.

I suppose this opens out into the wider and equally contentious areas of what we mean by terms like `spiritual.' To me, we need these words because they indicate something, but they're difficult because they're so vague. Like `earth energies' themselves, really. I don't know what they are and I was sceptical about them for many years. But in the absense of a better and more accurate term we can at least indicate a vague area with a term like that. Ditto words like `spiritual.' And maybe even `music' should be regarded as a vague indicative term. It certainly seems to mean a lot of different things. :D

So yes, your question makes sense to me and I think it's a good one, but it indicates how much complexity there is under these general terms we all use.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index