The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Re: Ley Lines
Nov 13, 2010, 12:24
tjj wrote:
The Sea Cat wrote:
Robot Emperor wrote:
The Sea Cat wrote:

Let's hope that one day it may also attempt to get brave and adventurous enough again to investigate beyond it's current circular reasoning which supports a comfortable belief system.

What? What do you mean? Don't really see how it can get any more "brave and adventurous" than it already is doing - amongst other things, postulating and attempting to prove the existence of other dimensions, exploring the moment of creation itself, asking what existed before this universe, looking into the hearts of suns and exploded suns - explaining that all living things contain elements that were born in these exploding stars etc etc.

It makes all the paranormal phenomenen look dull and prosaic.

Fail to see what you are talking about. What is this comfortable belief system?

I agree with the poarticular examples you mention, and I'm deeply interested in Quantum theory myself. So much of it correlates perfectly with ancient Eastern and Hermetic esoteric philosophy, funnily enough. I was referring to the traditional barricade approach to the so called 'paranormal', which to me and many others is far from dull and prosaic. There is a wealth of data and controlled environmental evidence that is rejected, just like the anomalies in the fossil record and instances of archeological knowledge filtration re. the possible antiquity of mankind. In these instances, it seems that if it seriously challenges the prevailing paradigm, it is conveniently buried, so to speak.

http://www.suppressedscience.net/archeology.html

ps: I am not a creationist, Hindu or otherwise, and I do no not believe in outer space lizards in Parliament, although they'd probably do a better job than the current shower!

I read Robot Emperor's post last night and thought perhaps Brian Cox had paid us a visit (as if). He made his point vividly and I think you have answered really well Sea Cat. Its not really a case of 'either/or' just about keeping an open mind to new knowledge and unproven possibilities - who knows there may even be a 'higher power' out there in the universe somewhere that we mere mortals can sometimes tap into. I live in hope.

Going back to ley-lines, a couple of years back I was out at Avebury for the winter solstice and dropped into the Henge Shop. Blazing log fire and and couple of authors promoting their book; feeling full of seasonal good cheer I bought a copy which they kindly signed.

By Peter Knight and Toni Perrott, the book is called The Wessex Astrum - Sacred Geometry in a Mystical Landscape[/] published by Stone Seeker Publishing ISBN 978-0-9560342-0-5. Archaeology it is not; basically it is about leylines that make up [i]"the landscape hexagram of Wessex, involving Glastonbury, Stonehenge, Avebury and other ancient sites. The authors tell of the discoveries of new megaliths, esoteric church symbolism, Knights Templar sites, lost chapels and holy springs". I confess I haven't yet read it fully though did visit one of the churches mentioned at Longbridge Deverill. Oddly enough this visit was made when I accompanied my friend (with dogs) to the funeral of John Michell on 1st May 2009 and have just come across the 'order of service' tucked away in the above book. It was a surprisingly traditional service and needless to say the William Blake hymn "And did those feet in ancient times ..." was sung.

A thought provoking subject and an interest reawakened. Good stuff.

Thats seems like a very interesting read! Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'm definitely going to track it down as it's one for my library for sure, next to John Mitchell. As I'm lucky enough to live close to Glastonbury, I've been able to source many excellent out of print/rare books, and spend many happy hours wandering and pondering.

:-)
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index