Ley Lines

158 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
texlahoma
texlahoma
891 posts

Re: Slightly OT - Silbury music etc
Nov 22, 2010, 08:37
Ley lines influencing music....Atlantis (for John Michell)
http://sonicoysterrecords.blogspot.com/2010/05/fougou-atlantis-for-john-michell.html

The Sea Cat wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
Sweep wrote:
Thanks. That's interesting, and I didn't know about it. It's interesting to hear someone talking a different musical language about the same thing and yet making sense although the overall effect is totally different.

There's also Julian Cope and Thighpaulsandra's Avebury album, of course. Different again. That's always sounded like an interesting first take of something that needs more work, though, to me.

How interesting that in a Ley Line discussion where we have seen so many different takes on the subject that we now see music coming in which is also interpreted in differing ways. What is right for one person would not be considered by another although the underlying themes remain the same.
Sweep, do you think that people such as yourself who seem to have an affinity with ley lines has this same deep feeling with music and the two are somehow connected in a shall we call it 'spiritual' way? Hope that makes sense.

Sorry to but in, but that's a very interesting point. I think my very first post here was along similar lines eg Robin Williamson's solo work, in particular his Celtic Harp/Bardic material, to use but one example. There are many individual choices re. particular music that seems to work very well and resonate with sacred sites, invoking Colerdige's Secondary Imagination perhaps .
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index