Cope vs. The Clash

158 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Re: Not liking Clapton
Dec 15, 2009, 20:41
Sorry Moonie...it sounds like another boring re-hash of cliched jibes and bashes at Clappers....Heard them all before. Mostly from your side of the pond. Mostly from people that can't possibly be old enough to have lived through Claptons heyday.
People that i respect far more than any opinions i'm going to read here, admire Eric very much.
BB KING, JJ CALE, DELANEY BRAMBLETT, LEON RUSSELL, GEORGE HARRISON, JOHN LENNON, PETER GREEN, JEFF BECK, JIMMY PAGE, JOHN MAYALL, MICK TAYLOR, .......shit, i could go on into the hundreds here....
ALL as one unanimous voice would disagree, emphatically , with some of the lame assesments of ERICS career that have been posted in this thread.
Of course, all those guys above, and HUNDREDs of associated sattelite musicains are just a bunch of irrelevent anachronisms. They can't possibly be right, can they? Bunch of non-kraut-rocking doosh-bags. Man.....
For what it's worth, i own the Cream reunion DVD set. I actually 'bought' them too. I thought Eric and Co. were just fine, and exactly what i expected from a Cream show as presented by guys in there 60's.
Did you notice Jack Bruce's wrists Cramping, trying to wrangle those old incredible bass lines? What? Eric didn't play with his teeth? Or grow his 67 era Afro back? Ginger not 'Toad'ing it up enough? WHAT?
Anyhow...Eric is fine with me. Do you actualy own 'Journeyman' Moonie?
I do. On L.P.. It's actually a very fine record. I remember buying it at the same time i bought 'One Night of Sin' by Joe Cocker....another "BORING" old doosh-bag.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index