Cope vs. The Clash

158 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Dec 15, 2009, 21:03
Re: Not liking Clapton
Dec 15, 2009, 20:55
Well, we shall have to agree to differ Dodge and that is the way of things. Let's face it, you ain't gonna go back to your EC albums and go "Holy shit! What was I thinking?" after a debate like this are you.

I appreciate (and admire) your stance, but I can't help it - it's instinct over analysis in this case. I like and admire may of the artists you list (J Page is a major x 10 hero of mine) but the fact remains that if I watch footage of, let's say, Peter Green or Page or Beck, I get...something...it moves me. I just don't get that with EC and it's not me succumbing to some critial status quo (I love KISS for goodness sake. Cred is not and has never been an issue!), I just feel unmoved and not bothered.

For the record. A friend of mine used to play me EC's stuff, including Journeyman and that one Phil Collins produced with Behind The Mask (Behindthe sun?) on it. Just left me in cold custard land I'm afraid.
And I don't care if Jack Bruce's hands fell off watching the Cream thing - he was going for it. It seemed he and Ginger were in CREAM! EC was....just there IMO.

But more power to your EC elbow.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index