Lonesome Cowboy Bill
Lonesome Cowboy Bill
356 posts

Edited Dec 03, 2009, 17:04
Re: Er no, more like A LOVE SUPREME
Dec 03, 2009, 11:19
singingringingtree wrote:
Lonesome Cowboy Bill wrote:
The guitar tone reminds me of Lou Reed and the VU.

that hit me too, the very 1st time i heard it ... you hiot the nail on the head ... if yr enjoying the sharrock gtr there, + you get to love the skronk, you MUST try sharrock's "black woman" LP ... it's absolutely mindmeltingly wonderful ... really beautiful tunes (sunny + his wife linda singing) that often (but not always) ascend into high-power freakouts of the 1st order ... it's no longer in the jazz realm here either ... sunny throws in rock moves (like on "tauhuid"), linda out-yokos yoko at times too ... it's delirious stuff ... heady + totlaly out there on its own, but not impenetrable by any means

stick w./ "black unity" - it was one of the 1st of "those" recs i really got to love ... it's such a non-stop groover ... it'll sound like krautrock after a while (maybe)

Good to know you heard the VU in there as well. I've seen that BLACK WOMAN album appear in various lists on amazon when looking at other cd's. I like the look of it.....good review here http://www.dustedmagazine.com/reviews/2312 I'll see if I can pick it up for a 40p library listen. The Yoko-isms give me the fear ;-)

Skronk is good. Gotta have some madness along with the melody.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index