AC/DC latest available only through Wal Mart

61 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9573 posts

Re: AC/DC latest available only through Wal Mart
Jun 11, 2008, 12:58
IanB wrote:

Closed mindedness is sadly something that rock and roll has always suffrered from whether it is Mods n Rockers, Punks n Teds or whatever. But I think you would accept that metal fans were more open to hard rock bands coming out of the indie world like say Nirvana, Alice in Chains and Soundgarden than "indie rock" kids would ever be to AC/DC.

No idea. I don't consider myself closed minded at all. My taste goes pretty much across the board (and includes all sorts of naff pop that I wouldn't dare mention here!). I just don't 'heavy rock' as a genre, with the odd exception (early Sabbath, the odd Motorhead track, etc).

I can only say that personally it depends on whether anything is any good or not. I loved Nirvana but personally I'd rather AC/DC than the other two. Don't know much by AIC tbh, but I thought Soundgarden were a bit shit.

But I'm really not having this 'metal fans are more open' lark at all. That's not my expereince at all. I met a couple in the pub a couple of years ago. They were interested in Cope because he'd embraced metal, but that was it. They just wanted to talk about a Kiss 3-d show all night!

And them liking Nirvana is one thing. If you'd said they'd embraced Bogshed I'd be far more impressed!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index