Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Jun 11, 2008, 07:44
Re: AC/DC latest available only through Wal Mart
Jun 10, 2008, 18:41
keith a wrote:
Why are Pistols and Sabbath a parody of themselves, and AC/DC aren't, when the latter are a band who feature a guitarist still wearing the same stage clothes as he was thirty odd years ago?

And why are Yes and Genesis singled out as irrelevant when you could say pretty much the same about them all, with the probably exception of Radiohead who - regardless of whether anyone likes them - are at least trying to be contemporary?

You believe all this rock myth nonsense, don't you Ian! ; )

No I believe that acts either carry the true poison or they don't. It's a non intellectual instinctive trip. They either get you where it matters or they don't. AC/DC still have that magic ingredient. The Stones really don't. Though I might like them better if Keef was too out of it to play and they paired Mick Taylor with Ron Wood. Few things revolt me in rock and roll quite like junkie chic. And everything about Jagger these days makes me puke. Nasty little Tory. Though "Party Doll" is a great song.

As for Sabs and Pistols they have been phoning it in for years. Since the fourth single in the case of the Pistols and since Mob Rule for the Sabs.

Though I also like AC/DC because they are exactly the kind of band that really annoyed NME readers of a certain age. The sort of chaps who looked down their noses at Sounds and Kerrang readers for being thick but would wet their pants over a third rate hard rock guitar player like John Squire. Thick but not quite thick enough to buy "Second Coming"!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index