AC/DC latest available only through Wal Mart

61 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9573 posts

Re: AC/DC latest available only through Wal Mart
Jun 11, 2008, 11:33
IanB wrote:

Though I also like AC/DC because they are exactly the kind of band that really annoyed NME readers of a certain age. The sort of chaps who looked down their noses at Sounds and Kerrang readers for being thick but would wet their pants over a third rate hard rock guitar player like John Squire. Thick but not quite thick enough to buy "Second Coming"!

I don't think anyone found AC/DC annoying, did they? They might have operated outside me and my mates world (we were NME readers!), but they seemed like a bit of fun and altogether less ponderous than their peers. And while we looked down our noses at Kerrang readers (anyone who bought that was surely thick, there was no other explanation!), that wasn't true of Sounds as that included something for everyone - Dave McCullough in our cases.

Not sure why Squire is coming into the equation here as The Second Coming was about ten years later than the Kerrang time. Would AC/DC really have got up an early 90's Stone Roses fan nose? Doubt they'd have even given them a second thought tbh.

Not a Stone Roses fan myself, but gotta admit Fools Gold is a great 45.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index