Ian Tomlinson unlawfully killed

86 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Re: Ian Tomlinson unlawfully killed
May 15, 2011, 22:04
Does it make me feel clever? Good grief, there it is again! The personalisation. The assumption that I'm attacking you. It makes me feel I have a point. That my observation has some merit. I don't really give a shit about looking clever. I'm trying to understand how people change their minds, and what prevents them from doing so far more than I'm trying to "win" an argument.

keith a wrote:
You honestly don't think it doesn't go on here? That there are people who will disagree with something here but won't get involved because of the way they are likely to be be-littled by certain individuals? That there are people here who gladly dish it out and then say they're not talking anymore if someone stands up to them?

It certainly does Keith. I see it all the time. Rather than question your own beliefs, you choose to belittle others as "sanctimonious" or "Bullying". And then you behave like you're some kind of victim, just because you've been asked to justify your beliefs.

I won't attempt to humiliate you by providing links, but I reckon two things.

Firstly, that if you were to take the time to look, you would be hard pushed to find any personal attacks from the people you don't get on with here. Those that I assume you're accusing in the quote above.

Secondly, you won't make the effort to look. You'll just say you can't be bothered or some other form of saying you won't talk anymore because someone has stood up to you.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index