Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Edited May 15, 2011, 18:08
Re: Ian Tomlinson unlawfully killed
May 15, 2011, 14:10
keith a wrote:
Your line of discussion appears to be writing something and when challenged saying that's not what you meant.

I think 'Hundreds of officers, thousands of crimes, no charges brought' makes it pretty clear who I was referring to, I'm sorry if that wasn't obvious to you.

keith a wrote:
The 'vague slurs' refer to you exaggerating how many times I was asked something, that I was asked to explain something I wasn't

Thankyou for being specific. I said you were asked four or five times.

Merrick wrote:
What happened to him could have happened to any of hundreds of officers who behaved identically. In what way is that crass or sick?

Rhiannon wrote:
I don't see what your issue with Merrick's sentence is?

Rhiannon wrote:
"all but one of them was lucky enough not to kill someone". How can you not agree with that?

Rhiannon wrote:
Are you not going to respond to what I said then, I argued it logically? Isn't this a discussion board, it's not personal you know!

Additionally,

ratcni01 wrote:
I think that may be all Merrick was trying to say.

The Sea Cat wrote:
I think it's very rational actually.

Can also be seen as inviting response.

keith a wrote:
As for the medical conditions - no you didn't mention that in as many words.

Which means it's not something you can criticise me for. I think it can be pertinent but is a side issue that should not affect policy of behaviour (not that police are necessarily averse to attacking people with obvious medical conditions as Jody McIntyre can tell you).

But since you bring it up

keith a wrote:
Are protesters who pushed someone else in the crowd, who threw something, damaged something, hit or kicked a police officer 'lucky' they didn't kill someone?

If they were using the kinds of weapons and likelihoods of actual contact with targets who are as unarmoured as the protesters who were attacked then yes, they are. For example, someone dropping a fire extinguisher off a roof that lands only a couple of metres from officers is lucky not have killed one of them.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index