86 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Locodogz
Locodogz
254 posts

Re: Ian Tomlinson unlawfully killed
May 16, 2011, 08:33
Hi Merrick

Thanks for the reply. Happily corrected that your "all" were only those committing acts of assault - still think it's a little dodgy. I mean thousands of assaults so 99.999% get 'lucky'? Winning the lottery is "lucky" - not winning I'm not sure I'd describe that way? It's all about likelihood? Maybe 0.01% was unlucky -surely if every one of those thousands of blows was a potentially fatal one we'd be looking at Syrian-esque levels of casualties? But still all wrong so I don't feel inclined to prolong the discussion on the connotations of "luck" unless you feel the need?

Your point about the implications of PC Harwoods colleagues inaction - well I thought you yourself earlier described as "shonky" the logic that this means they had all committed similar acts? You can infer a number of things from their lack of action acquiesence, tolerance etc but not that they'd all (that word again) done the same. Indeed a number of them reported his actions didn't they which would imply (that word agin!) at least some thought his actions excessive?

As I believe we discussed on a thread some time back - knowing a couple - I won't buy your black and white "all coppers are bastards" line (although I'll happily acknowledge a good number are) and believe this myopia sometimes detracts from otherwise well founded viewpoints. But hey you probably think I'm some kind of apologist and - as you correctly say it's a board for discussion! All the best
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index