Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Ziggypop
Ziggypop
300 posts

Re: Ian Tomlinson unlawfully killed
May 10, 2011, 02:45
Locodogz wrote:
Merrick wrote:
How his colleagues don't react at all, indicating they had all done similar things dozens of times that day.

Somewhat tenuous logic it seems IMHO - like saying that other football fans that stand by when small hooligan groups kick off must have "all done similar things"? And before I get shot down - yes I know there's no 'bond of employment' betwwen football fans but (again IMO) the analogy still has relevance - as the actions of a few idiots can have the result of tarring all a club's support and image by association

I'd go so far as to say that their standing by does constitute a tacit (and obviously unacceptable) acknowledgement that certain individuals within their ranks would almost inevitably act this way under these conditions?

Don't get me wrong - I think my earlier posts make it clear I'm no apologist for wankers like PC Harwood - but the claim that a lack of reaction from his colleagues mean "they had all done similar things" seems sonething of a stretch....

Merrick is 100% correct in his conclusion remember this?-

http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/uk/policeman+caught+on+cctv+assaulting+woman/3760882.html

Take a look at 1.40 in again no reaction.. Are the police there to uphold the law or not? If so why no reaction to one of their own breaking the law? You see regardless of "bond of employment" football fans are not at a football match to uphold the law.
Get a grip on what's going on!
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index