Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited May 10, 2011, 18:06
Re: Ian Tomlinson unlawfully killed
May 10, 2011, 17:58
dave clarkson wrote:
That's how I understood it to mean and what I presume Keith understood the line to mean too.

I have not read a single reply on this thread yet to justify that line but wouldn't expect too as it's not based on fact.

8)

What happened was vile, if utterly predictable - though not predictable using the stastistical analysis widely favoured here.

I was toying with posting something to the effect that this is a substantially less unjust Britain than the one I grew up in but the reaction is probably equally predictable. Anyone who felt safer and more free in the 70s and 80s can't possibly have been there. Put the police of 1985 in the midst of the protests today and imagine the outcome!

Who do I fear on the occasions that I consider my personal liberty? Zealots. Zealots wearing any kind of colours in the service of any kind of cause. At least biddable people following orders can get their orders changed or revoked and they generally respond with barely a flicker. People following the trail of other people's bile not so much.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index